Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Temecula Quilt Show

Temecula Quilt Show
(click on images to enlarge. Flickr doesn't translate well with horizontals on blogger)

My mom and I recently attended a quilt show in old town Temecula.
Temecula is about an hour drive from my mom's house, in Riverside County.
It is filled with antique stores and unique shops.
There were just quilts draped over banisters or hung from shop windows all up and down the street.
It was really a cute event--we just wandered in and out of shops, stopping along the way to admire the quilts.

Temecula Antiques

Signage

Temecula Quilt Show

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

I haven't been to a quilt show in years. The last was in Paducah, KY when the kids were little. The quilts were astonishing and incredibly creative. I'd like to get to one again some time.

9:19 PM  
Blogger svelteSTUFF said...

Wow! You guys have 'sunshine' and 'blue skies' - I am SOOO jealous!! Upstate NY is mightly dark and grey and rainy and cold these days. Looks like the quilt show was a good time!

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful that you have such shows. I love old textiles. This morning I laundered an old piece of linen fabric for a forthcoming project which was only a yard wide. Goodness knows how old it is and how long it has been waiting to be something.

5:01 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

THose quilts are beautiful. I suppose living where I live, we do have a lot of quilts here. But mostly they are expensive. Every now and then you can catch them in the spring at a mud sale for around $100. Antiques are hit or miss. Being in the northeast and close to a lot of big cities, the prices are somewhat high.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

That looks like an awesome show :)

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home