Saturday, December 15, 2007

A thrifting we will go...

I haven't talked about thriftstores in awhile, but it doesn't mean I haven't been shopping there.

In fact, three of my friends and I decided to lower our standard dollar limit this Christmas (usually we spend around $40 or so for each gift).
Now, each gift will be around $25, PLUS we are to give a gift we got at a thrift (or similar) store.
And no dust collectors or items for funny or shock value (though that might be fun too).
It has to be something the person would actually like. And use.
Since at least one of those girls reads this blog, I can't divulge what I found,
but I can post a couple recent finds.

I buy stuff all the time, but without a camera, it's hard to capture things that are three-dimensional, so I often forget to post here.
But I recently got this art nouveau-inspired frame for $2.95
Thrifted frame
Actually, I found another almost identical to it, but less finished looking, and silver in color. I'm going to give one of the girls that, even though she's not a silver person, because she loves frames so much.

And of course I always look for sewing patterns.
I just found this timeless nightgown pattern, dated 1969.
I paid 29 cents.
Vintage Nightgown Pattern, 1969

And this cute little handmade felt angel ornament.
I love the red hair!
Price: 25 cents.
Handmade felt angel

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Very Mary said...

Ooooh! Loving that frame! Great finds!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Jenn Thorson said...

The art nouveau styled frame is an amazing thrift find! Every now and then I come across art nouveau dresser set pieces, like hand mirrors, at the thrifts. You really never know what you're going to come across.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing like getting lost in a thrift store. Disappearing and then resurfacing with wonderful things.

We should go!

11:45 PM  
Blogger LauraK said...

The felt angel is adorable!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home