Monday, September 18, 2006

Shiver me timbers! Be ye prepared fo' Sept 19th?!

When my friend Mel told me that Sept 19 is Talk Like a Pirate Day, I thought she made it up among friends.
Turns out it really is official.
Check it out here.
Turns out the yoho yoho of our beloved Mr. Depp is all the rage--one friend of mine just celebrated his 50th birthday pirate style. Guests wore tatoos, eye patches, different hats. It was perfect for a guy with Yahr as a last name..."Ahrr be gahr yahr..."

The site has fun links, such as how to talk like a pirate in different languages,
and how to knit a booty bag like a pirate:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I can't get my co-workers to go in on this, I will have them walk the plank, en masse. Arrrrrrr.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

OMG, I totally missed a whole day of talking like a pirate on purpose. Ironically, when I tucked my princess in and read her bedtime story, there was a salty old sea captain in it and I gave him a pirate voice, and I didn't even know it was pirate-speak day. Maybe I'm other-worldly attuned to the pirates. Cool.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how i wish i could knit well. That bag is LOVE!
Yesterday was one of the WORST days of my life...owever, i still made sure to throw out some "Arrrrrrrr"s every chance i got! LOL! Did you see the stupid "Wife Swap show with the pirate family? It was a HOOT. Mad Sally is wonderful, and i now feel i MUST buy that book, just to support freedom and "Pirattitude"! LOL!

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maaan, this world is getting crazy!!! Pirate Day!!! Lol

www.mypremiercard.com

10:17 AM  
Blogger FinnyKnits said...

Um, yes. There were people at my work who came in dressed as pirates. Gotta love it.

I will be making that bag in prep for next year's celebration.

Abast ye maytees!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home