Monday, June 27, 2005

Apron designs

I'm dying to know what the next challenge will be for Tie One On. I'm hoping for a geometric theme, because I've got a great idea for that. I want to sew something exquisite--something that can actually be passed down. Something to be proud of. What other themes might be fun? Fruit. Animals. I want to attempt applique for those. Women of Yesteryear might be fun--like a look at the retro home ec thing. I'm fascinated by that lately. What else? Maybe a tribute apron to someone in one's family or to a celebrity (like the apron featured on the Tie One On site right now). An artistic vision apron. A guy's apron. An apron made from an unusual material (remember the corn husks and the chair webbing from Project Runway?) Trying a technique that is new to you (embroidery, cross-stitch, huck weaving, etc). Gosh, the possibilities are endless. The anticipation is killing me! It's not as if I don't have a gazillion other projects to work on in the meantime....

2 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

Barbara,
I just saw your apron on Tie One On and I am SO impressed. I'm just learning how to sew and want to make aprons for my girlfriends for Christmas.
Can you tell me more about how you made this one? I printed a large photo of it and have studied it a bit. Did you applique the leaves? How did you print the photo in the center? Is there any chance you'd be willing to send me a pattern? I'd be happy to swap you some fabric for some advice.
I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for sharing your beautiful creation!
Cheers,
Kelli

8:17 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Ooops... should leave my contact info: www.africankelli.blog.com
africankelli@gmail.com

Thanks!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home