Saturday, June 25, 2005

Mosaic'ed Tile

Fwd: You have received photos from Adobe Photoshop Elements
My first 3D mosaic I made in a class in Laguna Beach (I'll have to find the instructor's info and post that later).
There are probably 15 different plate designs here.
The class and instructor pooled resources, and I think the end result is the better for it.
The blue glass lady is from a soap dish I broke and couldn't bear to part with.
The artist in me figures all this stuff can someday be of use (and it usually is. The minute I "de-clutter", I always seem to want and need stuff back).
There is an I-Ching coin, a chopstick, river rocks, stones and shells, halved marbles...
The grout is a terra-cotta color.

I learned so much from this class.
I have taken the info and built on it, and now I do curved surfaces--usually flower pots. Posted by Hello

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your mosaic pieces are really beautiful! I have so many projects for mosaics in my head, but I'm intimidated! Would you say that taking a class is a good start?

2:16 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Thank you! I found that taking a class gave me a new perspective on how to put pieces together. She opened my mind to layering, leaving very little space for grout, adding unusual objects, etc. There are also classes to learn how to do counter tops and other construction projects (my next plan of attack). I would suggest learning from a professional or an artist versus the run-of-the-mill type class.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home