Saturday, June 11, 2005

"Tina, eat some ham..."


My mom and I went to opening day of the San Diego County Fair. I love the fair. The paintings, designs in wood, cooking contests, photography....I wish I had thought to enter one of my mosaics. Maybe next year. We were checking out all the sewing and crafts in the Home and Hobby section, and there were several knitted items. Geez, all it took was a few celebrities to pick up some knitting needles, and now it's all the rage. Anyway, there was a shawl there that was beautiful and soft looking--like fur. We read the comments, and the maker said it was constructed using "handspun dog fuzz" !!! So it really WAS fur! There was yet another item, a scarf, that was made using "handspun Akita dog hair". I love that! I remember seeing a book at a pet store before, entitled "Knitting with Dog Hair". I don't know how to knit (yet), so I didn't purchase it, but I think it's a fun idea. We were amazed by some of the gems and minerals (nature's glitter), and some of the chicken feathers are truly God's works of art. Additional note, added later: I just ordered that book off ebay. You can buy dog hair yarn there too. Wow. So many hobbies to learn...so little time....Posted by Hello

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home