Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas already??!

Wow, Christmas Eve already.
The year has just zoomed by and left me standing in its wake.

Christmas Eve is traditionally the day in my family for celebrating.
The 25th was just sort-of a regular day.
But that didn't happen this year.
It's just me and a lab this year, but that's okay.

My gosh, I never even got around to mailing cards this year!
(much less the fact that I had originally planned to make my own cards).
I had every intention of sending them out to friends and blog friends and to deliver, like I usually do, treats to all my doggie clients.
But, as I've said, it's been a weird year.

Piles of good intentions unfinished, finances in the red, reconnections with special friends but tension with a new one...
fewer festivities attended, fewer homes sparkling with lights, but a lot more people saying "Merry Christmas".

Anyway, to those of you who I still owe waaaaay late projects (Kelli, Jen, Catrina, among others), I WILL come through eventually.

I guess my New Years resolution is to get more organized, and learn to finish what I start.

I recently came across some old family photos from the 60's that seem fun to share today.

My mom, all decked out in front of the silver tree with the red ball ornaments.
She was really proud of those shoes--they were pink glitter.
I think she may have had a matching purse or something.
Mom at Christmas, 1960's

Damaged photo, but still a fun image.
Me in front of same tree.
I'm guessing I was around five.
Childhood Christmas photo

And my oldest brother, Rog, working as a department store Santa.
At the time, I didn't understand why kids would wait in line to see a fake Santa.
I mean, everyone knew, didn't they?, that the REAL Santa was at another store...
Rog as a department store Santa

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

I love, love, love all the pictures you post. Next year, you should put that one of your mom on your cards. It's great. Have a very Merry Christmas!!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink glitter shoes. Who WOULDN'T be proud?

And patty's idea is exactly right.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Suburban prep said...

What great pictures.
Thanks for the e-mail wishes.
Hope that you have a veryy Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

You have the best collection of family photos! It is such a buzz to see how people looked all those years ago. Hope you had a pleasant Christmas Day, and best wishes for the New Year!
Hugs
Gina
PS I still have to answer your email, I KNOW!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home