Saturday, January 23, 2010

Satisfying my thrifting fix

I've been to several thrift stores yesterday and today.
I went to the boutique-style kind where the clothes are even organized by size.
A little bit more expensive, but worth it.
Some days you've just got to satisfy that itch!

And I had soooo much fun.

Here are some of my finds: (click on images to enlarge)

Cute little handmade baby blanket in a motorcycle theme.
The beige minky fabric is on the back.
Don't cringe, but I'm going to give it to a dog I know named Dylan.
I mean, it's going to be loved.
Dylan's Blankie
You can't deny the cuteness of this little guy (the one on the left that looks like a stuffed animal)
Three Boys

Vintage Pyrex, two large mixing bowls.
Timeless design for $5 and $4


No Boundaries necktie, mint condition, in a flames design.
I'm thinking this will make a fun purse strap
Flames necktie

I buy knitted dishcloths whenever I find them--I love them.
These were a quarter each.


One vintage (1959) cookbook, and three gardening-related books,
from 80 cents to $2


Teva sandals--perfect for beach trips
tevas

Gorgeous crocheted throw.
I try to support handmade when I can


I also bought my mom a long sleeved blouse, and a gorgeous suede jacket with embroidery (Chicos brand)
I got my ketchup fanatic friend Michelle a little cook booklet about ketchup
A pair of jeans for myself that fit perfectly
LL Bean boy-style boots for work
A little birdie pin to use in mosaic
A greeting card with a beautiful painting of an orange on it
Four small balls of scrap yarn (I want to knit cat toys)
Fuzzy lounge pants and matching top for laying around in at home
A skirt that I hope to fit into by summer
Three dressy sweaters (wow, finally something to go out in, or wear to a job interview)
And a pair of Rocketdog platform flip flops (no, buying used shoes doesn't bother me).

God that was fun!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kiraph said...

Wow, what a great haul!!

2:18 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

GOOD FINDS! Next to one of my jobs is a thrift store and I can pick up some of the best things.
I put them in my car, because if I bring them into work my fellow coworkers do not understand.
Keep up the search!
Sue

5:11 AM  
Blogger The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Wow, that was one successful thrifting trip! Giving the quilt to Dylan the dog sounds perfect, and that flaming necktie is too much. And just like almost everything else, shoes can be cleaned--no reason you shouldn't score great deals on them!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Bean said...

I have that holiday cookbook, too - I love it! It's a total riot, and some of the recipes are really great - like the feta + cream cheese dip, yum!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh yes - well done, Barb! What a terrific lot of goodies!!

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home