Saturday, June 12, 2010

DIY inspiration

If I could go back in time...if I could have known myself better...I would have become an architect.
Buildings fascinate me.
I actually at one time studied interior design, and it still interests me, especially if recycling is involved.

A recent issue of Readymade Magazine featured this kitchen DIY--with a patchwork of wooden wine crates used for cabinet veneers!
I absolutely adore this idea.
It looks fun and exciting, versus chintzy.


The book Re-Creative: 50 projects for turning found objects into contemporary design, by Steve Dodds, has this entry table idea, also using wine crates (note Costco always has these available. You might ask liquor stores or BevMo if they have the boxes also)
click on images to enlarge
Wine Crate Table

It's not wine crates, but another fun recycling idea from the Re-Creative book utilizes an old window sash.
Ideas like this just completely inspire me!
Window Sash Bookcase

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Cool! I might have to find that book and magazine. My hubby and I just swiped....I mean rescued from our neighbors burn pile... a couple of old central CA vegetable harvesting boxes. They are super cool but I can not think of what to do with them.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the crate ideas! Thank you for sharing. I did see the kitchen, but I haven't seen the living room picture with the three crates across. It really gives a cozy feeling to the space.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the wine crate ideas! Thank you for sharing. I did see the kitchen, but I haven't seen the living room picture with the three crates across. It really gives a cozy feeling to the space.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home