Monday, May 24, 2010

Recycled bags mat

Knitting Plastic Bags
One of the projects I'm currently working on is knit in the same stitch as the scarf I just posted about, except this is on #10 needles, and the yarn (or "plarn") I made from 1-1/2" strips cut from plastic bags that newspapers come in.
I like this plastic because it's thin and pliable, and the clear bags (when used as yarn) read white, while other bags become a metallic silver.
I'm working this in two halves that I'll stitch together.
The one pictured is in green tones (plus a few yellow and white).
Another one is in blue tones (plus some grays/silvers).
My plan is for this to be a welcome mat.
I'm almost finished with it, but I'm waiting for more green and more blue bags.
Basically right now I'm out of yarn!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer W. said...

This looks awesome!!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home