Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Coronado Flowers

Tis the season for Spring Garden Tours.
My mom and I love going to different home tours and getting inspiration and ideas.

Last weekend we drove out to Coronado to see their Flower Show (I even got a later shift at work so we could go).
The plant sale started at 7am, and the paper said the show started at 10am, so we got there right about opening time.
We were surprised to find the show closed off, saying judging was going on, and the show wouldn't open until 1pm.
Um, wtf?

We couldn't wait around since I had to work in the afternoon, so instead of calling the day a bust, we got a program from the library and cruised around a few of the streets looking at home gardens.

Several home gardens had received blue ribbons for their designs.
I especially am attracted to plants with contrasting color and texture placed next to one another.
Sometimes a dark foliage is shocking next to a pale one, or a bold leaf can add a sculptural component.



I am definitely going to incorporate this stone path idea, with its organic lines, into my own garden







Bird of Paradise always reminds me of my grandmother's garden





Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

GORGEOUS photos and could you please get the keys to that old pickup truck for me? Thanks.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home