Friday, August 04, 2006

Photobooth Friday

Old friends
I don't remember crowding into this photobooth with three friends (only my teeth are visible in the back). I can't even imagine where this might have been taken. A drugstore? The fair? I was 'best friends' with the girl to my immediate left, and this group of us (together with a few others) were tight throughout Junior High (when it was still called Junior High versus Middle School), and then into the first part of High School. I am assuming this is a pic from high school. When I became a junior, I got involved in the swim team, modern dance, student government and a bunch of activities that led me to different friends. I completely lost touch with all of these girls. I know my former best friend is now a college professor (a far cry from the 'stoner' she was at that time). One of my brightest memories with this group is going with them house to house one Christmas and singing carols. When people actually did that and it made homeowners smile.

I wonder why people always feel compelled to make funny faces in photobooths, while they 'make nice' with handheld cameras?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of these days I am going to scan all of my photo booth photos and join in on the fun. Great photo!

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're all to cute! And the eb and flow of juior/senior high school relationships. Oh so glad that's behind me!

7:14 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I think the funny face reaction comes from two things - no "parent" holding the camera making you be nice, & the 4 shots...

I went to a baseball game yesterday. My husband & I were waiting to the side while our "gratis" tickets were being delivered to the girl at the gate, suring which time I was able to see a lot of "make nice" photos being taken... :o)

8:05 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

your teeth in the back... SO GREAT! and the tongue! wow.

as for why people often make faces in photobooths (instead of the posed smiles), I dunno-- I'm with calico cat-- I think maybe it has something to do with the idea that there's no one on the other side of that little camera taking your picture inside the booth... some sort of 'subconscious' permission to act goofy... I dunno. :)

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home