Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Paint your own ceramics

My friend Brandie and I went to another one of those ceramic cafe places (this one, in Carlsbad, we didn't like as much as the one in Del Mar. But you have to try....)

I apologize for the poor quality scans, but I was excited to share with you, and I don't have a digital camera.
I don't draw or paint, so I was pleasantly surprised by my efforts here.

I chose a flower pot for my garden, and I painted a fruit theme.
Painted pears

Painted cherries

There's also a small apple on the rim.
Fun!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

Oh how lovely! I would say that this was a great success don't you think?

8:11 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Love the cherries! I haven't been to one of those ceramics places in such a long time. It is a great thing to do with a friend. Such a fun place to catch up!

8:58 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Nice pair of pears! (do you have a paring knife?)

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to sound clueless but is it paint or a glaze that is fired?

6:16 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Secrets: well, it's both. It looks like a paint and acts like a paint (you get little trays and put your colors there, and use a paint brush...), but then they fire them. They also add a clear gloss.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home