Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Magical Wool Quilt

I just spent one week in Indiana.
I went for the National Road Yard Sale.

Well, and to visit my friend Michelle.  But that's another blog post.

Right now I just wanted to show my favorite purchase of the visit (actually found at a thrift store, though I found lots of fun stuff at the yard sale too).

This is a patchwork quilt of wool squares, held together with a crochet stitch.
It's signed and dated 1981.
I love it.

It makes me somewhat sick to my stomach that someone just got rid of this handmade quilt with absolutely no flaws.
No holes, no stains, no snags.
And I bought it for five measly dollars.
Think of all that work, unappreciated. Sigh....
But I'll certainly treasure it, so welcome home magical quilt. Welcome home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

I know how you feel. Whenever I find a quilt or embroidered cloth, I wonder how people can so easily discard these things that someone has put so much time and effort into.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home