Saturday, July 16, 2005

Lessons for Today, and other thoughts

Lesson for the day: I need to remember not to post here that I want to buy something before I buy it, or the price will balloon up to an unreasonable amount. Of course it may have had nothing to do with that. But it's really odd. I posted that I want the Career Girls game. That has come up on ebay numerous times, and most of the time for less than ten dollars. Today it's over $40. Mystery Date, on one auction, is right now at $85! Wow, don't you just wish you could go back in time and save all that stuff? When I was in elementary school, I had a friend who had an entire closet devoted to board games. We're talking walk-in closet. A baby boomer's dream! All that stuff is popular again. Remember click-clacks? And I used to love this thing called Footsie, that was a yellow plastic ring with a red bell-shaped piece attached on a rope or cord or something. You would place the ring over one ankle, and then jump over the bell with the other. Hours of youthful entertainment! If only it were so simple now. Of course I just ruined my argument for not posting before I buy by posting again...but, whatever.

I think I may have to switch over to Typepad. I paid for a service to email me me when comments are posted (the only down side of blogger is that they do not offer this service), but it's not working. Blogger is free, and Typepad is a small fee, but I'm thinking it may be the way to go. I like the idea of being able to archive by categories, set up additional stuff on my profile page, etc. I don't know.

Off to work on a Saturday (grrr....). I had really best get started on the apron challenge and the softies challenge. Eek.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Barb,much to my husband's disgust, I have many of my board games on the top shelf of a cupboard in my den. He says he doesn't like board games, but on the rare occasion he has been persuaded to join me with some friends in a game of Trivial Pursuit, he invariably wins, because he has a phenomenal memory for trivia. He doesn't even seem to try - the answers just pour out of his mouth! I hanker for someone to play Monopoly, Scrabble or even Snakes and Ladders with...it would have been one good reason to have had kids, I guess.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home