Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Are you out there?

I don't know why so few people post comments here, or why it bothers me so much that they don't. I get emails about posts (many favorable ones), and I have a site meter, so I know people visit. Is my sense of worth tied up into extraneous details like this? Why is it so important to feel validated, versus just using this as a venue for self expression for self expression's sake? Why have I been so damned introspective lately? Sigh. I guess I want to be like Sally Field, and gasp, "You LIKE me...you really LIKE me!" One would think I'd be past that by now. I guess none of us ever are. On an up note, I did land an amazing freelance gig yesterday, that might turn into a mighty fine opportunity. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Blogger LauraK said...

Hi Barb,

I'm the same way! Why don't more people leave comments? Just be assured that people are reading your blog - they're just shy. One thing I have learned from this is that when I do frequent someone's blog I a) let them know that I like it, b) ask if I can link them to my blog and c) post comments!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh Barb! I always read your blog, but I always read a lot of others too (see my sidebar of favorites), and if I put comments on all of them every night, I wouldn't get time to surf eBay...which reminds me - I am watching an auction due to finish in 10 minutes...I'm outta here!!! (but I promise to post comments here more often - and I love those comic strips by the way - reminds me of my childhood days!)
Gina

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home