Sunday, August 21, 2005

I don't have anything to play with!


Best kitty on the planet.
This is Terry (terror-on-paws back in the day). He'll be 15 in October. Poor guy had a huge lump on his neck yesterday, and I was so worried it was going to be the Big 'C'. We've got angels though, and it turned out to be an abcess--an uncommon occurance that resulted from a puncture wound (he and "That Baby" play too rough. After all, That Baby just turned one, so he doesn't know any better). Anyway, over $300 later (and I think the vet cut this poor girl some slack), but he's going to be fine. When I first got Terry, I asked my boyfriend at the time to get me a kitten. I asked for a gray, long-haired, female kitten. For Valentine's Day, here was Terry in a red bow, but a black, short-haired, male, and four months old! Read that again. Everything is the opposite! Just the most amazing, friendly, angel in a cat's body. I hope I'm graced with several more years of his presence. Poor guy has already been through two life-threatening urinary tract infections, a stint with starvation because he hated Science Diet, and a thyroid problem that requires daily medication. But for an old man he's doing just fine. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

Glad to hear your kitty is ok....

And yes he does look like he needs a new toy or two.... Poor guy has nothing to play with.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh Barb, that is such a cute pose! Topsy has a box full of bits and pieces that she looks at now and then, but unless I actually get something out myself, and throw it in her direction, she doesn't take any interest. But you should see her with a chicken wing. She throws it up in the air and tries to catch it...Ken and I have never seen anything like it! As if she is pretending the piece of dead chicken is still alive, and she needs to kill it before eating it!! Weird cat...

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home