Sunday, August 21, 2005

My Boo-Boo (and Boo Hoo)

Okay, this is a learn-a-lesson-from-my-mistake post. Put on your best Napoleon Dynamite impression, and in unison (are you ready?), come on, you can say it....
IDIOT!

I purchased two vintage aprons on ebay. Both amazing, both the perfect size in width and length, both with cool front pocket areas. Well the first thing I always do with vintage fabric stuff is wash it, because, for all intents and purposes, I don't know where it's been. Well...have you guessed yet? I went into zombie, forgetful, force-of-habit mode...and threw these forty of so year-old items in the blazing hot dryer. Hello Barb! Back in the day, they had clotheslines. Back in the day, they probably didn't preshrink. These may as well have been wool, because what emerged from the dryer are two aprons that are almost child-size.
What a dope.


Posted by Picasa
Fun (reversible!) owls apron, and the other is a similar design but features blue and black roses. For whatever reason, I tend to gravitate toward aprons that contain black.



Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger kath red said...

gorgeous aprons, love the owl fabric. pity they shrank - maybe you can frame them or give them to a child you know?

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a sad story!! But beautiful nonetheless....can you make them decorative? That fabric is GORGEOUS!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Billie said...

The aprons are still beautiful. I like the owls, too.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Susie Sunshine said...

How I love these aprons, even tiny.
Terri Hatcher appears to be a size 0, maybe Desperate Housewives could use them and they'd be enjoyed by millions.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Suse said...

Oh my god I just love the blue rose one. I would swim the Pacific ocean to come and fetch it!

(Do you really use the dryer? Isn't it summer in your part of the world?)

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home