Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Creative meringue


Mary's post about cute marshmallow men reminded me that I forgot to post this pic of meringue snowmen and trees (piped shapes 'glued' together with royal icing). Specialty cake decorating supplies (at cook shops and some Michael's locations, etc) sell sprinkles that look like opalescent glitter. The stuff available out there is mind blowing. I'm not personally fond of meringue, but these are too cute. From the Christmas 2005 special edition of Family Circle magazine (tons of good recipes in this thing). Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I am not necessarily "fond" of meringue, but it is a sweet snack of choice.... (Lower on the fat and calorie scale & I don't eat near as many as I would if there were say chocolate bars....)

These are cute....

In addition to the glitter that you mentioned, I saw a powdery fine pink "glitter" (not a colored sugar - think baby powder fine) that was used do decorate fancy chocolates. The pink did not have a flavor (but the confectioner needs to keep everything separate & that is one way to do it) but the "Expensive, boutique" chocolates were AWFUL! (They were a holiday gift....)

4:34 AM  
Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) & Happy New Year to you, from that blogger (with a sweet tooth) down under in NZ. Give me meringues any day, including pavlova with lots of whipped cream & sliced kiwifruit and a couple of "cherries" !!!
Marshmallows toated over an open fire as well - there are nice !!!
Great blog as always !!!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home