Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Years Resolutions, and things I want to do

Happy New Year! I love New Years Day. It's a fresh beginning. Clean slate. The Rose Parade is a wonderful start (although this year there's a 'never on Sunday' rule, so my tradition is delayed until tomorrow). I want to be a bit more organized this year, more 'particular', as they say in the South. I had a really nice New Year's Eve, by the way. Thai food with friends and a shared bottle of '96 Duval-Leroy. Very nice. I don't do the party thing anymore, because it seems like a couples holiday. Maybe that will change this year ;). Here's to a wonderful 2006!

My resolutions:

1) Change from a bank to a credit union, and pay more attention to where my money goes. Organize. Learn to save.
2) Take a vacation, even if it's alone. I haven't been on vacation in over two years.
3) Make a determined effort to finish some of these sewing projects. I'm great at starting...not so good at finishing.
4) Organize all those loose magazine pages of recipe clippings.
5) Until I find another place to live, find a less expensive place to store my stuff. Get my bed out of storage. Go through stuff and eliminate the extraneous.
6) Make an effort to shop at Farmer's Markets and the co-op every week. Pay more attention to what I eat--the freshness and quality. It matters.
7) Learn how to knit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Polyman2 said...

Sounds like a plan...
good luck.

5:32 PM  
Blogger sharonb said...

If you learn to save - tell us how as I have never managed it! LOL
learning to knit is easier but might just mean you break your first resolution- best of luck

6:26 PM  
Blogger blackbird said...

These seem like such sensible resolutions...
I could teach you to knit and you could come pet sit.

I am a bit far away though...

5:09 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Sounds like a good list! (check out mine... its definately quilty.)

I want to learn how to knit & I have wanted to since before it got to be so popular.... But I do not need another hobby. :o(

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home