Sunday, August 06, 2006

Little Atomic Bag

Little atomic bag
I made this bag for my friend and co-worker, Amy. I had seen this vintage atomic drapery fabric at her house and loved it. When she brought it into work for me to have, I about stopped breathing. She said she liked it, but had nothing to do with it.
I decided to give a bit of it back to her,and made her a small bag, using a vintage Polynesian pattern from my pattern collection. I figured it might be a fun bag to throw keys, chapstick, and cash into for a day at the beach (she surfs). I didn't realize until after I finished it that it's actually reversible! Pretty cool.
Here's the inside pocket.
interior pocket
I chose a funky pinkish aloha fabric to bring out the pink in the atomic print. I hope she likes it.
Portion of the front:
Front portion of atomic bag
and of the back:
Back portion of atomic bag

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this style of bag - just saw them for the first time at a street fair this summer. I'm going to try and experiment and see if I can figure out how to make one without a pattern. I can't be too hard, basically just a square bag with two loop handles right? The one you made turned out great!

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - very nice! And great fabric, I have bene looking at a lot of vintage-inspired barkcloth lately.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that fabric is to die for! LOVE it! And what a cute bag :)

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you consider posting more pictures of the pattern for us DIY'ers ....Cute cute bag!

7:30 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

To anonymous: click on the wording there (vintage Polynesian Pattern) and it will give you one pic off my Flickr page. Actually, I'm making another of those bags right now, so I'll make a point of scanning some images off the pattern. I am going to be mailing a copy to one girl who wrote to me--if you'd like me to mail you copies of the pattern too, feel free to email me. barbian7@yahoo.com

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home