Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My wristlet WOW!

I received my wristlet today (as part of the Wristlet Swap) from Jessica of Finny Knits. I am still in a state of delighted shock. Holy flippin' cow, look at how killer this is
Wristlet Swap

The theme for this first swap was to indicate where the sender lives. Jessica lives in Northern California, so she concentrated on the wine country.
Wine fabric
I love the square shape, the color, the size...EVERYTHING. It so totally rocks.

But as if this weren't enough, it arrived stashed with goodies!
Wine goodies!
A corkscrew, a really cool bottle topper, and glasses charms (none of which I owned previously, so it's bitchin).

And THEN, for the piece de resistance, she enclosed a dozen handmade, self-photographed and painstakingly matted,with paper sheets between each for protection... cards--pics of Sonoma County, all wrapped up in a pretty satin ribbon. I tried to scan the lot, but the scanner was acting up, but here's an example of the loveliness:
a starfish
Jess' starfish

and an old fire truck
Sonoma County fire truck

4 Comments:

Blogger carrster said...

How fun! I can't wait to get mine. Wheeeeeee!

6:20 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

how fun, I did not know that Sonoma was near the beach... live & learn. (I knew that I wanted to visit there though, I know funny!)

7:40 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Jess is an awesome crafter and one of my best friends. Love her!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Great wristlet! I am in the wristlet swap also, although I'm not swapping just showing. I can't wait to see everyone's swap.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home