Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Wristlet for Lisa (no peeking, Lisa!!!)

Down to the wire, I finally got my wristlet for the wristlet swap completed. Lisa hasn't received it yet, so I hope she is still surprised. It is, as you can see, a bit non-traditional.
Bag untied
Bag knotted

I guess I like being a bit different...unique. My partner is Lisa from Cupcakes Bouquets.com, but the site is still under construction, and she doesn't have a blog, so I had to guess a bit. I got the impression that she might be a bit of a hippie chick, so I thought she might like this Polynesian bag pattern, the same one I made recently for my friend Amy (see the previous post here).

The wristlet theme was to indicate where I/the sender is from, so I got this awesome San Diego fabric (only available at Rosie's Calico Cupboard, for anyone interested).

Bag front: (Coronado Bridge, downtown skyline, Star of India, border with Mexico, Panda representing San Diego Zoo)
Bag front

Bag back: (La Jolla Cove, Cabrillo Lighthouse, Hotel Del Coronado, USMC, Flamingoes at the zoo)
Back of bag

For the lining and some goodies inside, I went with the cupcake theme. So I blended our two worlds, and hopefully in a way that will make Lisa smile. Cupcake fabric with Shamu (Seaworld)pocket.
Bag lining

Inside, I put a brass San Diego keychain (you know, something you would put in a purse) with dolphins on one side, and a palm tree on the back. Also a leather lipstick case with an embossed dolphin and San Diego on the other side. There's a little mirror inside. Also a multi-color ink pen with a lip gloss top. Cupcake design gift bag, and some cupcake pics on postcards from Ikea.
Goodies 1

And for cupcake goodness, I found these awesome pink-striped liners, and two types of organic sprinkles (I hope they didn't melt in my car). Also a postcard of La Jolla Cove.
Goodies 2

I also attempted to make her a coin purse with this awesome cupcake fabric. I got the pattern and the frame off tallpoppycraft.com. Unfortunately, I ruined three frames and finally just decided to send Lisa the frame and maybe she can figure it out. Eek.
Coin Purse
Fun batik lining:
Batik interior
I really hope Lisa isn't disappointed that I chose to give her a bag that hangs from the wrist...versus a zippered pouch. I hope she's pleased. The bag is also reversible, so she can have a cupcake fabric exterior instead if she desires.

Some of you have requested I scan parts of the pattern. I will do that tomorrow--I'm late for a dinner date. (no, sadly it's not with a guy).

5 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Super cute and very creative!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Grangry said...

That 'wristlet' idea would be really good for my mobile phone when I haven't any pockets. And that San Diego fabric was such a good choice!

12:32 AM  
Blogger beki said...

I love the design of your bag, so clever! And that fabric is so unique :-)

5:26 AM  
Blogger FinnyKnits said...

Fancy fancy! I love the cupcake pattern on the pouch, that is great. Nice find on the San Diego fabric - I was looking high and low for SF fabric and NOTHIN'!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Chanderton said...

Ah. The post card "KORT" is from Ã…hlens in Sweden.. :)

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home