Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Breathe...

I got a massage today. I feel like a new person. I've been having all these problems with my feet lately--like when I wake up they feel like they're cramped up. The massage therapist at one point said,
"were you a swimmer?"I was so surprised she knew that, I practically sat straight up. "Yeah, why?"
She said I was laying (lying? I have forgotten the grammar...) on the table, on my back, with my toes almost pointed.
"Uh, that's normal for me. That IS relaxed".
"No, Barb, that's flexed".
"What?"
That's why you're waking up and it's like your feet are like this (she forms her hand into a claw).
"Really?"
Wow. revelation. What a concept.
She made me do stretches with my toes after that, and my legs actually started shaking--like they're finally firing on all cylinders again.

Next week, another massage, and my first ever facial.

'bout damn time I started taking care of myself.

PS: for all you non-Californians, yes we really do use 'like' that much. No, like, we can't help it...it's like, normal for us. I actually (other than my brain fart here with 'lay'), actually do have a command of the language. I just choose slang when speaking.
Yep--I like it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in Maine they say SHORE when they mean Sure.

I'm from California so it's

"FuR ShIR!" :}

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh...i am a big old southern cracker, and even *i* say "LIKE" all the time too, you know? Only i back it with a "ya'll". Like, totally, ya'll.
Valley Cracker?

teehee!

Good on you for taking care of yourself!! Facials are AWESOME. :) MAsages, doubly so! Hurray for making BARB time! breathe.......

2:58 PM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

Ooo, a massage sounds, like, sooo nice.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Barb, I have a remedial massage once a fortnight. I specify Remedial, as opposed to Relaxing, due to my job which is quite strenuous (cleaning 3 houses a day, 3 days a week). My therapist works on my back mostly, for half an hour, but she will also work on my feet and/or hands if I ask. I feel like I'm walking on air when I leave their rooms!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home