Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Chocolate Rocky Road Bark recipe

By request, here's the bark I just made for Thanksgiving. Bark is a super simple process, but the result is a festive treat that makes a great gift.
This one is from Family Circle Christmas edition, published in Fall 2005.

Makes 36 two-inch pieces. Prep time, 10 minutes. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.

1 1/2 lb. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
(*note* I personally find bittersweet too muchy much. Just use your own favorite, good quality chocolate)

6 ounces mini marshmallows
1 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
(*note* I used lightly salted, because I like the mix of sweet and salty together)

1/4 lb. mini chocolate-covered graham crackers (about 13 cookies), cut into bite-sized pieces
(*note* Keebler are mini-size. I was really hoping to use the ones at Walmart that also have peanut butter in them, but they didn't have any more. I sure hope they're not discontinued. Those cookies rock)

Line a 15 x 11 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with nonstick aluminum foil, or line pan with regular foil and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.

Melt chocolate in large bowl set over saucepan of gently simmering water, stir chocolate until smooth. Remove bowl from over water and let cool slightly, about 3 minutes.

Stir the marshmallows, peanuts, and graham crackers into the melted chocolate. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared jelly-roll pan.

Place pan in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours or until the bark is completel cooled.

Invert the bark onto a large cutting surface. Peel off the aluminum foil. Cut the bark into 36 two-inch pieces (or break into irregular-shaped pieces and sizes). Store the bark in an airtight container at cool room temperature for up to two weeks.


(*note* add your own favorite goodies. I think dried cranberries would taste great with this combo)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now this recipe has gone and made me hungry.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Woof Nanny, you seem like my kind of person! I love animals too.. and what a great pet sitting name! ;) Thanks for posting the chocolate rocky road bark...I'm going to try to make some for the holidays! Wish me luck!! Diana

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost this Family Circle recipe, and I have been searching for it for a long time. It's a real crowd pleaser. Thanks!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home