Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

Christmas at Mary's house
I just came across this gorgeous photo in the wooden box labeled "old pictures" that I posted about recently. It looks like a movie stage set, or the page off a book, for all it's perfection.
I believe, however, that it was my aunt's, and somehow made its way down to me.
The back of this says, "Night before xmas at my house" and is signed "Mary".
I assume that is my aunt Mary, who is still living, and was the sister of the aunt to whom this (and the wooden box) belonged.

It's a time capsule.

Old Christmas Card Box
And this is fun. It's an old, beat up box that used to house metallic foil Christmas cards. Original price was $1.25 for 16 cards.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora & Merry Christmas from New ZEaland. I was searching the blog world & guess whose blog popped up !!! (hehe)Hope you had a good day. All the very best.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas, Friend! So glad we've had the opportunity to get to know each other better this year. Looking forward to crafting it up in 2007!

11:29 AM  
Blogger MaryAnn said...

Merry Christmas to you!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Sue B said...

Barb you post the best photos!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home