Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

Christmas at Mary's house
I just came across this gorgeous photo in the wooden box labeled "old pictures" that I posted about recently. It looks like a movie stage set, or the page off a book, for all it's perfection.
I believe, however, that it was my aunt's, and somehow made its way down to me.
The back of this says, "Night before xmas at my house" and is signed "Mary".
I assume that is my aunt Mary, who is still living, and was the sister of the aunt to whom this (and the wooden box) belonged.

It's a time capsule.

Old Christmas Card Box
And this is fun. It's an old, beat up box that used to house metallic foil Christmas cards. Original price was $1.25 for 16 cards.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora & Merry Christmas from New ZEaland. I was searching the blog world & guess whose blog popped up !!! (hehe)Hope you had a good day. All the very best.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Merry Christmas, Friend! So glad we've had the opportunity to get to know each other better this year. Looking forward to crafting it up in 2007!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

Merry Christmas to you!

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb you post the best photos!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home