Tuesday, July 03, 2007

an early Photobooth Friday

 

I couldn't wait all the way until Friday to post this.

I wrote in a poem on this blog a couple of years ago,
about giggling girls in a photobooth, making faces....

I reconnected with old friends at the San Diego County Fair tonight.
There were tears of joy, a restored comfort, and the rest of the world ceased to exist for a few hours.

Magic.

Such a long story, but we chose to meet up here...in the photobooth.
Where so many meaningful moments have played out...

I hope someday we'll be old and gray and still meeting at the fair,
decades of friendship memorialized on little strips of paper.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Oh Barb - I can't tell you how happy I am to hear you went to the fair with your friends last night!! Hope I can hear all about it soon!

Happy 4th!

9:49 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

What a great poem. SOunds like you had a really good time with old friends. Photobooths are great and should be in more places.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbie!!!!!!!!!!!
Great photo, we look younger. it must have been a "magic" photo booth.
I had the best time. That day will always be one of my most special memories.
Love you,
Tracie

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home