Sunday, June 17, 2007

Adoring Isabel

Mary Ann has been repeatedly generous to me.
She has sent items with purpose (for my birthday or Christmas), and she has also sent items on a whim...'just because'.
She has sent handmade cards, manila envelopes jam-packed with collage materials, charms and trinkets, wire bookmarks I love, a fabric flower, a killer ornament...

But this time she stopped me in my tracks.
She even told me she'd send it, yet still I was shocked.
She sent me a May Day Cone.
I have this thing for cones.
This is a bird in a nest in a cone-shaped basket.

I have tried and tried to get a good photo of the adorable pink birdie she mailed, with the glittering collage and the long feather tail...

A bird her daughter lovingly named Isabel.

But without a good camera I just can't capture the image.
So here's a wee birdie of similar style available for sale on her website


I can't fully express how much I adore Isabel.
I utterly, completely treasure this.
Mary Ann said she made this specifically for me.
I'll just let the picture explain my adoration.
Thank you so so much, Mary Ann.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Vallen said...

Bibbity bobbity boo!!

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty :)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

Barb, You are quite welcome! In fact, your lovely post created a sale of the bird that you posted here, so thank YOU!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home