Monday, June 11, 2007

Wow

Jen totally surprised me with yet another package of goodies.
Sole Mate
This is a stocking for lost socks...get it? Sole mate?
OMG--is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen?

I only had my scanner, so you can't see the cute long, skinny sock quality,
the pointy toe, the red bias trim at the top.
Made all the more appropriate with personals ads fabric to go with my, ahem, bitching to her about not having a boyfriend right now.
I LOVE this.

The background orange is the mailing envelope (that's how amazingly detailed she is), and check out the gift tag!
Incredible. I am full-on stealing that idea.

But that was only the beginning.
More goodies from Jen
Recommended reading, two bookmarks, one of her cute Jen cards, and a Spanish card game that may work well for collage if I can stand to mess with it.
Jen would be great at scrapbooking, at competition table-setting, maybe even event planning. She's very detail-oriented.
I respect that.

And still there's more
Gifts from Jen
A book about Cascarones, or confetti eggs--a traditional Mexican festivity that fascinates me.
The book also includes instructions to make a quilt (how perfect is that?!)
In my haste, I forgot to scan the quilt info, but there are templates and everything.
She said the book screamed my name, and that is too true.
Also new copies of two magazines she keeps recommending to me.
Awesome. A million times over--awesome.

Thank you my friend.

This gift was a total surprise. Jen has already sent me tons of items for our swap.
I suck--I still owe her a bunch of stuff (ahem, and Catrina, and Kelli...)
Sigh...
Don't worry, I always come through eventually.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Hey Barb, have you had a look at my new Aprons blog yet?

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your lost sock stocking. Very clever :)

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new BLUEPRINT magazine. My aunt just gave me a copy. I will be anxious to hear your comments. LOVE your blog very much and your links. I enjoy yard sales and rummage sales with my mom and sister every Saturday morning. I have a great vintage cookbook collection from the 50's-60's, patterns, got a great quilt last week...the back is a noah's ark print from the 70's.I also collect oil paintings.....paint by numbers too. Most of them I have only paid under $10! That includes the frame! Enjoy the magazine!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home