Friday, June 01, 2007

Thrifted quilt

Wow, look what I found while thrifting the other day!

They labeled it a child's quilt, but I'd call it a lap throw, or a great picnic blanket.
Handmade patchwork of Hawaiian fabrics
Hawaiian Quilt side 1
(click on image to enlarge)

Different fabrics on both sides
Hawaiian Quilt side 2

It was at a little hole-in-the-wall thrift shop that keeps its fabrics stuffed in drawers, rolled up, and taped.
I knew this one was special right away.

Thriftstore price: $3.50

I got other goodies too--check it out here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ~Niki~ said...

That's a great quilt! Dont'cha just love those bargains!?

6:57 AM  
Blogger sara said...

Man, I LOVE thrift stores. Haven't found any treasures like that lately, though -- that's a great find!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

wow - cool!

11:16 AM  
Blogger kt said...

That quilt is just humming with life.

10:32 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

neat - that is a Barbie quilt.. At least that is my take with the Hawaiian fabric & all...

I took a photo of a quilt made with silk ties this past weekend at a quilt show - not sure when I'll post it to my blog, but it is in my flickr already.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home