Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ooh, mail goodness from Down Under!

Gina has noticed I love sewing with neckties.
She said she would find herself thinking about me when she'd see fun examples in Op shops (the Aussie term for thrift stores).

So we set up a swap.

I still have to send my swap stuff to her (I finally found some goodies).
Gina collected vintage embroidered linens.
Looking for items for her has given me a new appreciation for this craft.

My favorite ties are the novelty ones, or the unusual color combinations
Novelty neckties

Neckties

More neckties

Thank you Gina.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

Barb,

the tie with those many white and the one black sheep is so cute!
(I'd rather keep that intact ;-D )

Cheers,
Claudia

11:34 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Gina & I swapped in the past, too... (small world)

4:14 AM  
Blogger Ginamonster said...

do you know how many times during that post I went, "I did? Wait! That's not me!"

I'm such a dork.

1:22 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

I have some old ties somewhere - can I mail them to you too?
Thought of you yesterday when I saw a vintage apron. The lady totally ignored me so i didn't buy anything from her.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I love the sheep tie.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home