Friday, May 11, 2007

Photo Friday

I came across another pic of one of my birthday parties. The photo is damaged, but still okay.
(you can click the image to enlarge)
Birthday Party
I posted another pic on an earlier post.
I'm not sure why in this pic I'm wearing socks and tennies, and in the other (from the same day), I have on black tights.
I do know my mom made the dress I'm wearing.

My birthday parties were famous!
My dad would act like a gorilla and throw pennies.
We squealed with joy.

There were innocent games, like Pin the Tail on the Donkey.
Sometimes the kids got fun packages to take home.
I still remember the names of the girls pictured: Susan, Jeanine, Eugenie, Lisa, me, Jane, Kelly, Kerry.

Years later, I was still referred to as the girl with the good parties.
I was lucky in that regard--my childhood memories are filled with fun moments.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that photo Barb!
Hope you enjoy your weekend :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Vallen said...

Maybe you changed because all the other girls had on white socks. That's something would have done. It sure looks like everyone is having a terrific time.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Love this picture!

9:31 AM  
Blogger ~Niki~ said...

Have a blessed Mother's day!

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delightful cast of characters!

3:47 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

What a great photo! I remember birthday parties in the 70s, particulary sleepover parties. What did parents do without VCRs and DVD players? Oh right, we actually had to interact with one another. Good memories.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home