Monday, June 26, 2006

Fun Photo

Birthday Party, Second Grade
I can't wait until photo Friday! Here, my birthday party. I believe I was in the second grade. I'm the one with the slinky. If I remember correctly, my mom sewed the shift dress I'm wearing. Blue dress with black tights--aren't I spiffy?! My mom used to sew a lot of my clothes. At one point we had matching culottes. What I wouldn't give to have those back now. Sigh...

I remember the twins behind me were named Kelly and Kerry. They didn't have much money, and always wore the same red scuffed shoes. The girl to my left was Janine, and I think the girl to my right was named Susan. I think she was the one whose mom asked me if I wanted a peanut butter sandwich once, and I was all giddy until I received one with jam on it. Quick way to ruin a perfectly good sandwich in my opinion. So odd the details we remember. Note the lovely rock yard in the front of my house.

Sorry about the crappy crop on this one. I'm dealing with Kinkos and the library and it's all self-serve...but I finally dialed in today, so my future photos should look mahvelous!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo - you look like a little hell raiser!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Isn't it fun to look at old photos of yourself and feel the memories come flooding back about the other people. Fancy remembering the scuffed red shoes on the twins who came from a poor family. I vividly remember a child at my school in the 1950's who wore the same dress, coat and shoes ALL YEAR. She was Greek, and her parents had obviously migrated to Australia after WW2 with nothing except the clothes they wore.

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home