Monday, May 07, 2007

Aah...80 degrees and lovin' life

Bathing suit/poncho, 1970
Eek, how awesome is this?
Pom-poms on your beach towel? Ain't life freakin' grand?

Circular cover-up or beach blanket or poncho, plus a swimsuit.
Simplicity from 1970.

I used to live for Summer time, but now it's Spring that I love.
Tons of yummy fruit is in season.
Bonfires, and live music, and Cinema under the Stars.The weather is beautiful, with blue skies and a warm breeze,
but not too hot nor humid.
I feel like I've come out from hibernation.

Several years ago, a local pool used to offer
"Dive-in" movie events.
You could float in your inner tube while watching Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Seriously, that rocks. They need to bring that back.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I love the "new sizing" comment...

(I hear that a 10 nowadays is closer to a circa 1950s 14!) I'd like to be either again!

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did they ever show "Jaws" ?

5:18 AM  
Blogger Emmy said...

Vintage patterns are so much fun. That green poncho is great. I recently found you're blog and I enjoy reading it :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger kt said...

I miss the Cinema on Goldfinch!

(Always loved the street name, too. We lived in North Park and so went often.)

Have tried to think about how to equal it here in AZ, but you'd have to give it up in the summer.

I dunno, those pom-pom'd cover-ups look suspiciously like tablecloths to me.... (grin)

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home