Wednesday, May 02, 2007

For the love of rick rack

The theme for this month's Tie One On apron challenge is Rick Rack.
I meant to make an apron. I really did. But it didn't happen.
My ideas are still fun to share though.
I considered the possibilities:

Add a pattern detail in rick rack, like on this vintage girl's smock pattern.
Girl's Smock Pattern

Or make a design out of rick rack, like the heart on this bag
(from Wrights Idea Book of Trims, 1972)
Holy Rickrack, Batman!

But I decided, no, I was most inspired by this amazing shawl made by Patti Pasteur
(from the Sept/Oct 2006 issue of Belle Armoire Art to Wear Magazine)
Shawl by Patti Pasteur
See the fringe? It is varying widths of lace.

So I wanted to make an apron with a fringe of my rick rack scraps, plus some extra wide rick rack that I've seen in quilt shops lately.
It would be fun and festive.
But, sigh, it didn't happen.
Not yet, anyway.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Very Mary said...

Well, you're busy being famous and all, so surely we can let it slide this month, RIGHT?

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw that shawl, I almost let out an audible 'oof', as if someone punched me between the shoulders. Call it the shock of the marvelous.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It still might happen! Hold on to the dream and make it a reality. It sounds like a great design idea.

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh-that smock pattern kills!!!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home