Saturday, June 23, 2007

Daily Happenings...

Sorry for my lack of regular posts lately.
I have had back-to-back dog-sitting jobs, so I haven't been home to scan photos.
I have lots of ideas to post about, especially to the purse blog.

Ooh, I dyed my hair today!

A few weeks ago, I had my hair pulled back, and when I went to pick up my mom so we could attend an event together, rather than greeting me, she gasped.

"What happened to your hair?"

Translation: when did you get some gray?

Well, gasps are not acceptable.

As much as I like my natural strawberry blonde, it is getting a bit ashy as I get older.
And I just don't look good with highlights anymore.
Back in the day, I was pretty blonde, but now highlights make me look pale.

So I told my stylist to just do whatever he wanted (other than cutting too much of the length).
Low lights, the same shade, darker...whatever.

He chose darker. It's auburn now.
Almost a brown with red highlights.
I like it.

He also layered it more (I said I wanted it like Carmen Electra). (I couldn't find an image with all of Carmen's gorgeous layers, but this is about my color now)

I think he could have cut more, but I really like that he always veers to the conservative.
Nothing worse than having too much cut.
I'm not willing to let him bring up the length.
Not yet anyway, though it would be so much thicker if I did.
Anymore, I just let it air dry--I don't do squat with my hair.

I wish I had gotten rid of bangs years ago.
We (my stylist and I) were joking about how my bangs used to react to humidity (frizz and Frankenstein up).
I said when I went on dates I'd be thinking,
"please don't go to the beach...please don't go to the beach..."

He said, yeah, you can just tell them you're allergic to fog.
Ha! so true.

What else is happening?
Well, some old friends have resurfaced and we may mend fences.
That would be nice.

And the San Diego County Fair is in town!
I've already been once, and I'll certainly go again.
Fair Fun
More to come...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you speak of regarding bangs. I have had them since I was in college. I was in college a bit ago (not yesterday or last year) and well I still have the bangs. I just think I look better than I would if I didn't have them. My mother still has bangs and she is in her early 70's. One of my sisters has them and the other doesn't. I just hate it though as they grow out and perhaps get in my eyes.
Hope all is well.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

How funny about the bangs. I don't have them, but I did for a LONG time. This year, Miss C wanted bangs, so I chopped 'em on in. Now, a couple months later, the novelty of bangs has worn off and she's ready to be bangless again. Being a woman is so ridiculous sometimes. We stress over bangs. Boys? Never.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Barb! The new richer hair color sounds great!!!OOOh LaLa! Just to keep you posted if you have a chance come by the barn sale this next weekend..Fri-Sun. I told Carol maybe you guys can go together. The drive isnt too bad, & driving through the wine country is really nice this time of the year!
Tell "Sue" I said "Hi"..Ciao!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I cant' wait to see your new color! Post a photo! I've been without bangs for years but I kind of liked them. They covered up the mole on my forehead. It's always something, isn't it: grey, mole, frizzy hair. I have them all!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home