Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Thrifts and Misses

Sometimes I go to thriftstores and I find incredible items, yet elect not to buy them.
Maybe I can't afford the price, or maybe I don't have the storage space, or maybe for some reason it's not appropriate.
These are some of my passes (sorry for the fuzzy cell phone quality, but I figure it's fun to share anyway).

Gorgeous chair. I love simple lines on furniture.
I love Shaker and Mission style furniture, with very little hardware.
I think this was around $150, and I was too poor.
It may of even been sold already--I can't remember.
I do remember it killed me to pass it by.
chair

Eek, this one made me squeal with joy, but again I lacked the $79 required to purchase it.
Vintage record player/stereo cabinet.
Incredible.
Stereo cabinet

Toy horse
toy horse

Really interesting table made up of multi-colored real horseshoes.
If I remember correctly, they wanted over $30, and I didn't have the cash on hand.
horseshoe table

English tea cart
tea cart

Rooster-shaped mailbox.
I may have picked this up for my sister-in-law were it in better condition.
Rooster mailbox

Cute mouse-shaped bank.
I considered picking this up for Jen, but I doubt she needs or wants another "dust collector.
It's a cute shape that may inspire a future pin cushion or something.
Mouse bank

Cool stuff in an antique store in Temecula.
Temecula antique store

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Wow! Just can't believe the cool stuff you find! When I go 'outside' one of the first things I do is check out the nearest thrift or antique store!

9:55 AM  
Blogger svelteSTUFF said...

...Just wanted to stop by and Wish you a Happy May Day (since this 'Holiday' is one of your favorites!!)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I want that stove!!!!!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home