Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Thrifts and Misses

Sometimes I go to thriftstores and I find incredible items, yet elect not to buy them.
Maybe I can't afford the price, or maybe I don't have the storage space, or maybe for some reason it's not appropriate.
These are some of my passes (sorry for the fuzzy cell phone quality, but I figure it's fun to share anyway).

Gorgeous chair. I love simple lines on furniture.
I love Shaker and Mission style furniture, with very little hardware.
I think this was around $150, and I was too poor.
It may of even been sold already--I can't remember.
I do remember it killed me to pass it by.

Eek, this one made me squeal with joy, but again I lacked the $79 required to purchase it.
Vintage record player/stereo cabinet.
Stereo cabinet

Toy horse
toy horse

Really interesting table made up of multi-colored real horseshoes.
If I remember correctly, they wanted over $30, and I didn't have the cash on hand.
horseshoe table

English tea cart
tea cart

Rooster-shaped mailbox.
I may have picked this up for my sister-in-law were it in better condition.
Rooster mailbox

Cute mouse-shaped bank.
I considered picking this up for Jen, but I doubt she needs or wants another "dust collector.
It's a cute shape that may inspire a future pin cushion or something.
Mouse bank

Cool stuff in an antique store in Temecula.
Temecula antique store



Blogger Wendy said...

Wow! Just can't believe the cool stuff you find! When I go 'outside' one of the first things I do is check out the nearest thrift or antique store!

9:55 AM  
Blogger svelteSTUFF said...

...Just wanted to stop by and Wish you a Happy May Day (since this 'Holiday' is one of your favorites!!)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I want that stove!!!!!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home