Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hi!

I'm able to use a client's computer all week, so hopefully I can play catch up on this blog and on blog reading.
Whew! It's exhausting!

I posted a new theme for my purse challenge today, and a killer prize too, so check it out.

For now I think I'll just show a cute vintage children's cookbook I picked up on ebay.
The illustrations are precious.
The book was published in 1952.

Little Mother's Cookbook, 1952

Here are some of the images associated with certain recipes:
Dicky Dog's Hot Cocoa Special
Dicky Dog's Hot Cocoa Special

Pixie's Marshmallow Delight
Pixie's Marshmallow Delight

Kitten Kitten's Snickerdoodle Cream
Kitten Kitten's Snickerdoodle Cream

Ronny Rooster's Sugar Toast
Ronny Rooster's Sugar Toast

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hia Barb- love those pixies! What a great book.

Angel is doing well post-op. Glad you have a computer back.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Barb,
You are fortunate to have the use of a computer at clients' homes! But what will happen when you have finished the job there? I hope you'll be able to get your own fixed, or even buy a new model. Can't imagine my Blog list without Woof Nanny!
Hey, I got a heap of Aussie candy for you today, as well as some other goodies from an opshop I dropped into earlier. I just have to find a nice tin to pack everything in (so the chocolates won't melt or get crushed on the way over The Pond), and they'll be in the mail to you pronto.
Cheers,
Gina

8:08 AM  
Blogger Vallen said...

Those are absolutely adorable. I love that age of vintage illustration.

9:38 AM  
Blogger ginger said...

I'm with you and everyone else that commented - the vintage illustrations are the *best*!

1:04 PM  
Blogger ttelroc said...

I was just searching for this book, which at the moment is no where to be found, but did manage to find your pictures. I was just helping my mother sort through her Kitchen and all of her cookbooks when we came across this cookbook. I remember using it as a child and immediately wanted to have one of my own.

I will be on the quest for it, but I am so grateful that someone posted the illustrations, they are wonderful.

Have a Great Day!
Kristin

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home