Friday, May 30, 2008

Photo Friday


I guess I should post this at Christmas, but I felt like posting it today.
A Polaroid moment when I was four.

Funny how little red wagons are all the rage in gardens now.
Great for hauling plants, tools, whatever.

I wish I had a digital camera so I could better keep you posting on the activity in my garden.
I hope to buy a camera in July.
But it's hard to adequately explain the excitement I feel when I see little green shoots breaking the soil.

Wednesday at dusk, I went out to water.
I really soaked the ground where my asparagus was planted.
But inwardly I was thinking, "gosh, is this ever going to come up?"
I mean, did I water too much and the crowns rotted?
Did I water too shallow and the water didn't penetrate the soil?
Did I wait too long to plant?

But overnight, six tiny asparagus shot up a full three inches!
I was giddy when I saw them--it's like coins falling out of your Keno machine in Vegas!
(although I heard the slots don't do that anymore. Shame. That was the best part).

Let's hope Mr. Snail doesn't slither out to that part of the yard...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

Loving the red wagon.

Got some squash plant seedlings from a co-worker. Finally remembered to bring them home tonight. Remembered as I stood in front of the tres moderne Seattle library that it's the last night that my super-duper nice bus driver will be on my route.

He and I have talked birds, Seattle, and gardening. I hopped on the bus and he gave me his big welcoming grin and a hello and I turned over the squashlings to his tender care.

He was delighted. Me too! Happy Weekend.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

My son totally loves going to Oma's house and just doing any and everything with his red wagon... I think we'll need to start looking around Craigslist for one.

My one basil plant is happy... with a pee happy, fence wrecking poochie in the backyard, I do not yet have a fruit/veg garden. One day though.

By the way, I tagged you on my blog for a 5 things Meme. I hope you can join in the sillyness.

Have a great weekend!
Hettie

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home