Friday, January 23, 2009

Photo Friday

Gramps' handmade scooters
My Grandfather ("Gramps") was renowned for making handmade scooters.
This photo was taken in the 1960's.

All the kids in the neighborhood wanted one of those scooters.
I wish I still had mine.
I do have a kid's table and chairs that he made, and a small stool.

I used to have this awesome side table, but my mom gave it to the Goodwill in some fit of insanity when I lived in the Bay Area.
I can't believe she didn't know I wanted to keep it.
It was painted a sea green color, and was sort-of Eames-inspired amoeba shapes in tiers.

But those scooters...they were the best ever.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good that you have some of his work. :-) Hubby has a few bits his Grandad made- very special.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

I love the scooters. A man ahead of his time. Now I know where you get your creativity from!
~Corinne

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is awesome. go grandpa!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home