Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Whimsical Tree

This is way belated, but I never did show you guys my Christmas tree.

My mom is pretty much over the whole holiday deal, so she never wants a tree or anything.
I, however, love festivities and traditions, and this year I really wanted a tree at her house.
She objected initially, but then ended up liking it afterall.

Last summer, I scored an awesome wire tree at a church rummage sale.
It's nearly four feet tall, and the 'branches' come off the center pole for storage.
I paid $3!
The cashier happened to be the woman who donated the tree, and she told me she paid $65, and that was on sale.
She said she kept it up year round and just changed out the colors of the ornaments per different seasons and holidays.
I guess she just tired of it.
I was soooo excited to find it.

Here you can see it in my mom's livingroom, with one of my kitties, "That Baby" looking on.
I added purple and chartreuse ornaments that I got on sale at Michaels.
Christmas tree and That Baby
I suppose I could put it on a table, and I really do need to sew a tree skirt.
Note the boxes behind it and under the window are my wood floor planks (stored until my room is ready for their installation). Lovely.

I thought the look of minimal ornaments was rather sophisticated, but I couldn't help but add more whimsy with some selected ornaments.
I also strung a neon light that is on a flexible wire (once a part of a school art project) up the center pole.
Whimsical Ornaments added
Wire Christmas Tree
Ornaments included a goldfish, a seagull, a moon, a windchime, a palm tree, a really cool crystal chandelier that I bought at Rogers Gardens, among others.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the minimalist look Barb. It has a classy yet homey feel to it.

1:02 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

What a cutie kitty!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home