Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I need a recipe

Several years ago, I bought a big copper cookie cutter from Martha Stewart, and it came with a little booklet, and a recipe for sugar cookies with royal icing.
If I remember correctly, both the cookies and the icing had lemon.

Of course all my stuff is packed away, and I don't see the same cookie recipe on her site.
In fact, I had linked the recipe in a previous post, and the page is no longer there.
All I see now is a recipe for "ideal" sugar cookies, and that's not what I want.
I want the lemon one.

Does anyone have the recipe I'm looking for?
Thank you!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Di said...

Sugar Cookies - makes about 4 dozen 3 inch cookies
____________
2 C sifted all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
8 Tblspns (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 C sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract, OR
1 tsp fresh lemon juice and zest of 1 lemon

1. In large bowl, soft together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.

2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg.

3. Add flour mixture, and mix on low speed until thoroughly combined. Stir in vanilla or lemon juice and zest. Wrap dough in plastic; chill for 30 min.

4. Heat oven to 325. On a well-floured board, roll out dough to 1/8 inch. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheet and chill until firm, about 15 minutes. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges start to brown lightly. Cool on wire racks.
___________

You are right. This is the best recipe, ever.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Do you remember when you bought the cutter? I see some advertised in a past Martha Christmas issue (large animals with royal icing). I can search through the magazine and see if the recipe is there, although Di's recipe looks pretty good!

5:23 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Thanks Jennifer, but Di's recipe is from the booklet--it's just what I was looking for. You guys rock. When I asked for readers to find a pattern I was looking for, you guys found that too (it's on the facebook comments. My blog posts to my facebook account too). Soooo cool!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home