Monday, January 25, 2010

Discovery Lists

I love lists.
Writing lists, reading lists, checking things off.

I love Sally Jean's list about Celebrating Love.
Especially #14:
"Take pictures of LOVE - take pictures of things that are heart-shaped.
A "heart" drawn in the snow,
bare twigs laid out in the shape of a heart,
the finger-print heart drawn on a dirty car"


Hmmm....could be an interesting Valentine gift...

Or #15:
"Send out children's Valentines to all your girlfriends.
Super-impose their photo over the face on the Valentine.
Add google-eyes for fun.
Write with your other hand (to look like a child's writing).
Don't forget to kiss the back of the envelope ~ SWAK!"


I just bought a book at Starbucks called "My Life, My Loves, My Lists", by Dan Zadra.
The little book is filled with blank pages, but with headings such as:
What big events do I want to see or attend in my lifetime?
What are my top goals for the year?
What can I do go give myself more peace of mind?

There are also inspirational quotes throughout the book.
Basically it's an aid to get you to appreciate the details, get to where you want to go, and enjoy the journey along the way.

I like that.

It reminds me of Keri Smith's blog Wish Jar Journal, and books.
Her 100 Ideas is a list of fun things to do, such as #55:
"Make pencil rubbings of six different surfaces"

Keri Smith also organizes Create-a-Thing-a-Day
"Thing-a-day is a yearly creative sprint where participants commit to creating one new thing a day and post it on a collective blog"
Things can be illustrations, collections, multi-media...whatever your heart desires.
You can sign up before February 1 and participate for the month (commit to posting 28 things).
More info about thing-a-day here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Yet another thing we have in common - I am also a List Person! Shopping lists of course, and if I've got a few things that must be done on a day, I'll write myself a list the previous night, so I don't forget what I'm supposed to do the next day.
I make up lists of my craft projects all the time - UFOs, WIPs, swaps/exchanges that I am committed to...writing this down makes me think of another list I should create - a list of my stash. Fabrics, kits, etc.
I did a list once of my books but quit after a couple of thousand. Made a list of hubby's DVDs and videos. Quit that too when he bought so many I couldn't keep up!

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to check out "My Life, my Loves" Thanks Barb.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home