Friday, June 18, 2010

What's a good side?

I'm going to my friend Jen's annual July 4th pool party.
She makes homemade pulled pork, and Carolina-style chili dogs with slaw (da bomb).
She also makes this to-die-for Red Velvet Cake with Berries.

Guests bring sides.
Last year I brought Watermelon Pops.

This year, I think I will bring a salad.

Should I bring
a red-white-and-blue green salad?


or a more grown-up salad?

or a simple fruit salad?
(or is fruit overkill since there is fruit in the cake she's making?)

This is a fun presentation!

or maybe just some simple strawberries?
Dipped
or filled


and/or Patriotic Pretzels?


Hmm...and/or I could bring edible shots
(and virgin ones for the kids)

What do you think?
Or do you have any other fun red-white-and-blue recipe to share?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

The strawberries with the blue sugar are calling me.

2:27 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

The filled strawberries look GREAT!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home