Sunday, October 03, 2010

San Diego Quilt Show, 2010

After my laptop being broken for so long, and then misplacing the battery to my camera, I've got a lot of catch-up to do on this blog.
My mom and I attended the San Diego Quilt Show recently, and I had planned to go through the program and identify all the artists, maybe even identify some of their inspirations.
But this cloudy weather kicks my butt, and I just don't have the energy.
So, for now anyway, I'll just share some photos of some of the quilts (and hope it inspires me to get back to sewing!)

This one used techniques to create rust, for added texture, color, and interest!
It also incorporated a real photograph

Fun fabric



Of course I always favor the quilts that incorporate neckties




modern log cabin in batiks


thread art and textural contrast create images in cloth




An example of using one shape only

Miscellaneous




















Confederate quilt

Incorporating hand-painting


I love the three-dimensional kite

Three dimensional characters

Notes and messages
Tee shirt memories
Scouting quilt recycles mementos


Using shapes and photographs

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Thank you for posting all those photos, Barb! I love quilt eye candy! It never ceases to amaze me the variety of designs that people come up with for quilts. There is very rarely two the same, anywhere. Of course I was particularly interested in the quilts using ties - some more designs to keep in mind when I finally get around to doing something with the bag of ties in my stash cupboard...

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home