Monday, January 02, 2012

Remembering 2011

A new year, a clean slate.
This is my favorite time of year.

I started a tradition for myself of remembering things I accomplished during the previous year.
I like the idea of reminding myself of adventures and accomplishments, versus the human tendency to lose ourselves in "what if", "if only", and failures.

2010's list

In 2011 I:
*Finally had a Mai Tai at the Bali Hai (something on my San Diego bucket list)

*Splurged and bought myself an IPhone!

*I read 16 books (um, about half of last year's total. Due to that phone, lol, I spent more time on Facebook than reading. That's going to change this year)

*I heard Bruno Leone play piano, sing, and tell stories at the Atheneum (the La Jolla Music and Arts Library). It was magical

*I saw Amos Lee at Humphries

And spent a couple days at Tiki Oasis, listening to bands, learning how to apply pin-up make-up, and shopping for cool stuff like this vintage fabric

*I won second place in an essay contest that garnered me a $1000 scholarship. So I decided to go back to school!
When I talked to the enrollment person on the phone, she said,
"wow, not many people get a thousand. You must be really special."
That made me feel great.
I am attending the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
*With my school's assistance, I got my own website,
Wishing Wellness, focusing on health coaching (and eventually art classes)
*I got my own business cards

*I took a class to learn SoulCollage.
I intend to get certified to teach this art technique.

*I finally started selling on eBay

*I took my first Burlesque class

*I took a vacation to Seattle for the first time, and to Vancouver.
I never did blog about that, and I have so many cool pics to share...perhaps soon I'll blog it belatedly.
The trip included finally seeing Dale Chihuly's amazing blown glass art
(and I obviously fell in love with the Hipstamatic app)

*I finally tried a Suncrest Peach. Absolutely amazing (for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, read the book Epitaph for a Peach.This is how God intended fruit to taste.
Not the picked green varieties that are available in the grocery store now.
Those bland varieties are chosen because they ship well, but they have no flavor.

*I saw my first example of Urban Knitting, aka a Yarn Bomb

*I finally saw a movie at the La Paloma Theatre
(another entry checked off my local bucket list)

*I finally finished Jen's Mosaic Pot
*And I finished another set of personalized baby blocks (I still need to blog about these)

*I had boudoir photos taken for the first time. Definitely something I'll do again


*I met with a financial advisor in a huge step toward getting back on my feet and out of debt

*And, most importantly, my ex-boyfriend came looking for me and we got back together. It has been amazing

How was your year?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like a great year for you!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous kathy said...

Hello

Good Day, i have been trying to create a nice blog post
and i saw yours and i found it very interesting keep up
the good work i'll be back for more

Kathy
www.healthandwellnessconsultants.com

10:23 PM  
Blogger kt said...

I love your list! I'm home today as Seattle is blanketed with snow from the last few days (capped by a duvet of ICE), and I think I'm going to borrow your great idea and update the blog!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Wow, you had a busy year - not to mention productive! How do you cap that? I like your way of listing all the good stuff you did over the year. I just blog along during the year, recording stuff as I feel, but to remember now what I achieved then is another thing. I'd have to re-read my blogs to jog my memory. Which means I probably didn't do anything worth writing about - lol!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home