Monday, May 09, 2011

Tiered Plate Stand

The February/March issue of Readymade Magazine featured a tiered plate stand, made with sundae cups, candle sticks, and epoxy glue.
I had to give it a try.

I found these amazing Walter Kimble hen plates at a thrift store, and decided to use the similar designs together even though the options are open for mixing designs and sizes.


There are some examples of tiered plates on Etsy that use a large plate on the bottom and transition up to a tea cup on the top.
Perfect for chips and dip, cupcakes...you name it.

Here are just some of the glass items I picked up at the thrift store for possible pillars.


Here's the final result!


I used a candlestick as a pedestal too!(versus having the bottom plate just sit on the counter. A candlestick and one plate makes a cute cake stand)


I am much more apt to use a tiered stand versus a singular plate, and it really dresses the plate up too.
What a great way to showcase sentimental china patterns, or varying designs of a favorite company.

I have a stone egg I may place in an egg cup on the top as a finial, but I need to find the perfect egg cup first.

My first blog post via phone--not too shabby.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

Hey!

I have those same plates!

I had quite a chicken theme going on my kitchen a while back and my mom bought those for me.

She eventually went a little overboard and I had to forbid her from purchasing more poultry-related things for me.

but we use the plates almost daily. I like what you've done with them!

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Alhambra termites pest control said...

Not too shabby indeed even for the tiered plates. Great for those home formal dinners.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Well it is a clever idea, but I would have used the plates as they are. I'm like kt - addicted to chicken themed things around the house!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Budget Gurl said...

I love the poultry plates. Yes, I have a chicken/rooster theme going on as well, it's more in my dining room than in the kitchen though. Love the idea with the glass vases as pillars!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Kitchen Benchtops said...

February/March issue of Readymade Magazine featured a tiered plate stand, made with sundae cups, candle sticks, and epoxy glue.. Interesting

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home