Monday, July 18, 2005

Dreaming about chocolate

Oh my gosh, blogger bot stopped working again, so I can't post pics right now. And my flickr account is full for the month. Grrr...what to do?! I guess you will have to settle for text only until I can sort this out. And I can't get Haloscan to work still. Their support isn't very user friendly. If anyone can lend me a hand, I'd appreciate it.

I have all sorts of cake recipes that I want to try using Ibarra Mexican chocolate, after getting the idea on Heidi's phenomenal site. For those of you not familiar with this, the chocolate comes in tablet form, and it has a hint of cinnamon. It's usually used to make hot chocolate drinks, but evidently you can bake with it too.
Here are some recipes I want to try: cake, brownies, cookies (the cookie recipe doesn't use Ibarra, but replicates that flavor) .

And I'm going nuts trying all the Dagoba organic chocolate bar flavors! Yummy! Right now I'm eating the lavender bar. And I still want to make that brownie recipe I mentioned a few posts ago, but I'm going to try Heidi's suggestion, and use Dagoba versus Vosges. I have no doubt whatsoever that Vosges is amazing, but I don't know where to buy it locally, and online it's $6 per bar. So I'd need $18 worth of Vosges to make the brownies, and "only" $10 with Dagoba. I'll want to try both versions eventually. Dagoba's Xocolatl bar is listed as being 74% cacao content with chilies, cacao nibs, maca and nutmeg. The company says the bar is "The perfect way to add a little heat to your life. Based on the Aztec royalty's original cacao concoction--and Montezuma's love potion." It's soooo good once you get used to that bittersweet tinge versus the standard Hersheys.

2 Comments:

Blogger kath red said...

all this talk of chocolate is making me hungry. its sad that i have never seen mexican chocolate in Aus nor heard of dagoba choc before. we get belgian and chinese and 85% cocoa chocolate though. that mexican cinnamon choc sounds divine.

1:01 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

But Belgian is sooo yummy too. They always come in seashell shapes. One of the best places I've ever traveled, also. Everyone should see Brugge at least once. See swans, bouviers, and share a smootch over decadent cappuccino with your honey.

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home