Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Almost 2am and I'm wide awake. Sometimes I get hyper at night, especially if I work late. Tonight I worked 6pm to 11pm, so now I'm full of energy. So I just want to pause and say Happy Thanksgiving to anyone in America or from America, and just happy day to those of you in other countries. I have a tradition with myself every year on Thanksgiving, and it is to get up early and make myself a special breakfast (pancakes or French toast or eggs...something big and wonderful), and then I snuggle up under a blankie and watch the Macy's Parade. One of my favorite things all year, which is ironic, because Thanksgiving is actually my least favorite holiday. But I love that parade. Maybe I'll take the dogs to the beach later too. The weather has been heavenly in San Diego. Up until today when the afternoon was a bit overcast, and the evening had fog rolling in, it has been Santa Ana winds and sunshine like a summer day. I love that. Summer in November--yes. I'm not a cold weather type. I don't ski or anything (skiing is all about good lodge. Fritos with chili and several cocktails, hehe), and I would just hate living someplace where it rained a lot or snowed a lot. That's the great thing about San Diego--I can drive up to the mountains if I feel like seeing white, I can drive out to the desert if I feel like it (not a chance), or I can cling to the ocean (oh definitely). Ah, that's nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

And a happy T-Day to you!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Billie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Sorry a little late, my Mom's computer is so sloooooow. I don't know why I bother to go online. I'm glad to hear the weather is beautiful down there. It's rainy and overcast up here, but that's okay. I'm looking forward to going back home on Sunday.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home