Sunday, November 20, 2005

Projects to make: more bags...and garden art

I was cruising the net trying to find out how to make a bird feeder from a vintage glass pop bottle (I saw one at the Design District), and came upon this amazing site of projects for kids. Also, a pincushion from a tuna fish can!
But back to the birds. Garden art ideas:
Ooh, and I really want to make some tea cups on a pole--they can be bird feeders or votive holders. Would look amazing lining a garden path.
Cute gift idea: make a tea cup pin cushion. I think I might use wool or something instead of a foam ball.
another teacup one
more tea cup crafts
one version of a mug pin cushion
no directions but pic of a cute flower pot pincushion
recipe for friendship tea
Bag Ideas:
postcard handbags tutorial
I need to learn how to knit. French market bag
Cute crocheted coin purse
Purse embellished with shells

Ooh, a crocheted cupcake

4 Comments:

Blogger Billie said...

Hi Barb, thanks for those links, I could use some ideas for my kids at work. I think the tea pot pin cushion is adorable. Funny, I was cleaning out my corner of the garage and I came across a souvineer teacup of Prince Charles and Lady Di, I want to throw it out. I don't think it's a collector's item, but my in-laws sent it for me back in the day. I still have it rolling around the house. Maybe I'll make a pin cushion out of it!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Billie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Billie said...

teapot pin cushion? I meant to say "tea cup" pin cushion. Sorry about that.

8:23 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Actually, I rather like the tea SPOON idea. Hmmmm....
(ironically, tweety, my word verification right now, I swear, is tjwet! hah!)

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home